Are you looking for graphic designer resumes? Before writing your resume, you may want to consider its overall design and presentation. One of its most important components is the use of best CV fonts. It becomes more important than ever. Check out the following tips you may want to know about when writing your graphic design application.
Graphic Design Resume Examples: Tips
Avoid using Microsoft word, unless you are applying for a secretarial position. You may want to go for the PDF format, if you’re in the creative industries. This will help you come up with an impressive and good-looking format for the document.
- Make use of DTP software. This is one of the most crucial things to remember when writing your resume for the graphic designer. But if you cannot afford its paid version, you may want to use its one-month trial version.
- Shine in your resume with a great format that sets you apart. You should add personal touch in your resume by tailoring it yourself. This will help you shine in a sea of resumes.
- Be clear and concise. This is one of the most important rules of thumb to follow. As you may already know, employers don’t take a lot of time in scanning one’s resume. In this case, see to it that you are utilizing space well and not fluffing your resume with unnecessary words and design elements. While you are applying for a graphic design job, the content of your application must still be the focus.
- Never lie! According to expert writers of graphic design resume examples, you should not lie in your CV. What you should focus into is creating a good resume that tells about you and your accomplishments. Do not try to impress someone by claiming things that you do not have any credit for.
- You should also include samples of your work so that the employer can check on them and see if you are a good fit for the job. You can include stills from motion graphics as well as show reel may be perfect. However, do not overdo with the images on your resume. The best place for them is in your online portfolio.
- Keep your resume simple. Make sure that the layout of your CV is clear, as well as to see to it that the information included is well-presented. Along these lines, you should show your personality as well as include only the right information.
- Use an A4 size of paper. Also, remember to stay with black and white for professionalism.
Best Fonts for Resume Graphic Design
The most appropriate CV fonts are considered to be:
Follow these tips when writing your resume. Also, see to it that you proofread and edit your paper a couple of times to ensure that there are no grammar and spelling mistakes in your paper.